Medicaid Behavioral Health Organizations
Colorado Medicaid provides mental health services to recipients through a sub-contracted, capitated managed care program. There are five subcontractors who administer these services, who are known as Behavioral Health Organizations (BHO). Each BHO is responsible for managing the delivery of mental health services to Medicaid-eligible individuals in its' assigned geographic services area. BHO's must directly provide or arrange for the provision of the following services:
- Inpatient hospital psychiatric care (up to 45 days per state fiscal year).
- Psychiatric care for those 65 and older in an institutional setting (up to 45 days per state fiscal year).
- Outpatient programs for non-24 hour care in a licensed hospital or health care facility.
- Physician services for medical care as defined by the state for the practice of medicine.
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation including
- Partial 'long day' therapeutic contact (more than 4 hours but less than 24).
- Partial 'short day' therapeutic contact (more than 2 hours and less than 4).
- Group therapeutic contact (up to 2 hours per session).
- Individual therapeutic contact (between 30 minutes and 2 hours per session for up to 35 sessions per state fiscal year).
- Individual brief therapeutic contact (up to 30 minutes per session and up to 35 sessions per state fiscal year).
- Psychosocial rehabilitation to maximize the individual's capacity to live, participate in and function in society (may include assessments, assistance, crisis planning, coping skills, daily living skills, counseling, and support groups).
- Case Management for service planning, outreach and referrals, supportive interventions, crisis management, service coordination, monitoring and follow-up and advocacy.
|Colorado Access Behavioral Care||Denver||Marshall Thomas, MD||303-751-9030
|Behavioral HealthCare, Inc||Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas||Julie Holtz||303-889-4805
|Colorado Health Networks||Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande, Saguache, Baca, Bent, Crowley, Kiowa, Otero, Prowers, Huerfano, Las Animas, Pueblo, Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, Lake, Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Jackson, Mesa, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt, Summit, Delta, Funnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, San Miguel, Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, San Juan||Arnold Salazar||1-800-804-5008|
|Foothills Behavioral Health||Boulder, Broomfield, Gilpin, Clear Creek, Jefferson||303-432-5950
|Northeast Behavioral Health||Cheyenne, Elbert, Kit Carson, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, Yuma||970-347-2366