Apply for Colorado Cash Back

Are you one of the many older adults who has not received your $750 Tabor refund through the Colorado Cash Back program?  You are in good company, but the Colorado Gerontological Society is on a campaign to help older adults claim the refund.

Thousands of older adults are not required to file federal and state income tax and therefore are not automatically receiving their $750 Tabor refund.  A few older adults who filed for the 2021 PTC 104 prior to June 30, 2022, have received their refund.

Most older adults who do not file income taxes have an annual income of less than $25,000 (or $32,000 for a couple), and live only on Social Security, Social Security Disability Insurance, or Supplemental Security Income.  A few may also be receiving Old Age Pension.

          Many eligible older adults live in nursing homes, assisted living residences, low income senior housing, or in the community.  Everyone 18 and over can receive the refund. Regardless of immigration status (legal resident), individuals who have lived in Colorado for the entire year of 2021 are eligible.

          To claim your refund, file the DR 0104 Colorado Income Tax form before October 17, 2022.  Check the top box as a “full year” resident.  Complete the information with your name (and your spouse, if applicable), address, social security number (or ITIN) and driver’s license number.  Put a zero in Lines 1, 5 and 7.  Sign the form on page 4, and mail to the Colorado Department of Revenue, Denver CO  80261-0005.

          Forms are available at or by calling 303-333-3482.  Assistance is available through Mile High United Way (303-561-2340) or Denver Asset Building Coalition (303-388-7030).  The Society can mail the forms and coach you, if you need help. Our number is 303-333-3482 or 1-855-293-6911 (toll free) or 1-855-880-4477 (Spanish).

Download the form HERE!