Please read before filling out the enclosed form. Call CGS at 303-333-3482 or 1-855-293-6911 or 1-855-880-4777 (Spanish) if you have questions. Download the application at senioranswers.org/programs/dental-grants/. Fax the completed form to CGS at 303-333-9112.
Who Is Eligible?
Older adults age 60 and over who live in Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Delta, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Garfield, Gilpin, Jefferson, La Plata, Mesa, Montrose, or Summit county may apply for a grant for partial assistance with dental care. Care may include covers exams, x-rays, extractions, fillings, full and partial dentures, relines and cleanings. The program will not cover crowns, root canals, fixed bridges, and implants. Priority will be given to older adults who are in the greatest economic and social need.
How to Apply for a Grant
- Download the application – the link is below – and complete the form.
- Select a dentist. You may select a dentist from the list or you may use your own dentist, but your dentist must be willing to accept the grant as payment in full.
- Contact the dentist and ask if they will accept you as a patient on the Senior Answers and Services Dental Program.
- Submit the completed Application to Senior Answers and Services, Dental Program, 1129 Pennsylvania St, Denver CO 80203 (Be sure to sign the Application Form and the HIPPA – Disclosure Form)
- Next, your application will be placed on the waiting list.
- When funding is available and your are selected to receive a grant, you will receive an Initial Grant Award Letter to make an appoint for an exam.
- After your exam, your dentist will submit a treatment plan for a grant to cover the necessary dental services.
- When you receive the Final Grant Award Letter, make another appointment with the dentist to get your dental work completed. You will have 60 days to complete the work.
- The dentist will request payment from Senior Answers.
Things to Know
- The Senior Answers program is not insurance
- Grants are for a limited time. Remember to complete all work within 60 days.
- There is no guarantee of a gran, as grants are dependent on funding availability.
- Any charges over the approved amount are the patient’s responsibility. The Low Income Senior Dental Program is not able to meet emergency needs.