Holiday Baskets for Seniors
Volunteers will deliver baskets in the Denver Metro area on Saturday, December 17, 2022 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Who We Serve
Holiday Baskets are prioritized for low-income individuals who are living alone or with a spouse, and who have no family or friends with whom they will spend the winter holidays. We will deliver baskets throughout the Denver Metro Area to individuals who request a basket.
- Purchase the food on the list (see below).
- On December 17, 2022, between the hours of 9:30 am and 12:30 pm, pack the food you purchased in your car and come by The Society’s office at 1129 N Pennsylvania St, Denver 80203 at the time you registered to deliver baskets.
- Drive through the parking lot (you will not get out of your car). [Enter our parking lot from Pennsylvania St between 11th and 12th Avenue]
- Parking lot volunteers will give you the list of the older adults whom you have adopted.
- Parking lot volunteers will put the chicken, a gift, and a hygiene kit in your trunk for the number of older adults that you have agreed to adopt.
- When you arrive (or are close) at the older adult’s home or apartment, call the older adult and let him/her know that you have arrived and they should come to the front door or lobby of the apartment building.
- Sanitize your hands and put on your mask.
- Place the basket (or bags) on the front porch or in the lobby of the apartment building and wait for the older adult to claim the basket.
- Step at least six feet away.
- You can wish the older adult(s) Happy Holidays from a distance, take photos if you wish to share on social media and with The Society, and bring a human touch and pleasure to a mostly isolated group of older adults in our community.
FOOD ITEMS FOR THE HOLIDAY BASKET
2 cans of corn
2 cans of green beans
2 cans of soup
2 cans of fruit
2 cans of tuna
1 box of stuffing
1 package or box of rice or rice-a-roni
1 package or box of pasta
1 package or box of potatoes
1 package or jar of gravy
1 loaf of bread
l box of cereal
1 package of cookies
1 box of crackers
How to Donate
If you are unable to adopt a senior or would like to support the Holiday Baskets for Seniors project in other ways, you can also make a financial donation to help defray the costs of this project.